Saturday, April 19, 2008

My sad foray into domesticity

So a girlfriend was telling me how she makes her own laundry soap using 3 common ingredients [one of which was the *fabulous* Dr. Bronner’s soap!]. She said it was better for a child’s skin and good for the environment. Hmmm, I thought, better for my family? Good for the earth? I could probably do that. I think I could. I might. I should. I will! I will make my own laundry soap and be proud of myself for being so domestic!

I was nervous [I’m not exactly the most domestic person in the world] but convinced it would be wonderful. Soooo, tonight I gave it my best shot. I carefully read the directions [twice], measured the ingredients [twice], mixed, and poured it into the bottle. All was well until I tried to use the soap. I’m not sure what happened, but something isn’t right. Does this look like laundry soap to you??


It's as hard as a rock.

Remind me to add Tide to my grocery list.

11 Comments:

Blogger meggan said...

LMAO! Your story sounds like how my own would turn out if I dared to make the same trip. For some of us, simply doing the laundry is about as domestic as it gets. :)

April 20, 2008 at 1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! I have one of those front loading machines so I don't think I would be able to even try this. LOL way too ambitious for me!

April 20, 2008 at 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm CRACKING up! At least you tried!

April 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Hill said...

LOL! You poor thing. Definitely time for a run to Target!

April 20, 2008 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so much like one of my projects!

April 20, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kristina....this is a riot! i'm impressed that you even do the laundry! we have mounds of it around here...waiting to get done (as i'm stalking your blog!).

April 21, 2008 at 11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Totally something I would do, if I were ever ambitious enough to try that. LOL!

April 22, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something that would totally happen to me. At least you gave it a shot!

April 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo for giving it a go, even though it appears to have failed dismally LOL. I probably wouldn't have even bothered, hehehe.

April 26, 2008 at 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I am with you! Tide for sure.

April 27, 2008 at 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I figure why mess with modern inventions..I'll stick to regular laundry soap myself! We all try to foray into these areas once in the while...I could tell you a similar story but it involved suds everywhere....

May 10, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home